Monday, April 13, 2009

what an amazing friend.


This girl is amazing. We always reminisce about the time we met. Freshman year, I was moving in to James Madison University; my mom and brother had already met one of my suite-mates. I took one look at this tall, blonde, beauty and thought, “damn, she’s probably a bitch.” A day later I was thinking, “what a sweet-mate!” That was so corny, but to be honest we love corny. We were hooked to each other the second the silliness became natural. I just remember those nights when Jennie and I would be doing work in my room and Katharine walked in, sweats on, showered, and hopped into my bed. The night always consisted of a hilarious recap of our days, and possibly a “meditashe sesh.”

Three years later, last weekend, Katharine decided to visit me during her spring break. Since I transferred from JMU we hadn’t really spent the kind of time we wanted to spend together. I was so psyched to take her out to NYC and everything, but when it came down to it – we just wanted to sit around and talk. We sat for hours and hours, laughed and cried. I have never felt my soul so fulfilled by someone before. Katharine is my soul-mate, and honestly if she were a boy I would marry her. I think about life in such a complex way, and she completely understands me. Most people go through their whole lives without finding a friend who completes them in a way that is unexplainable. It’s a deep friendship love that is rare to find. Even though we may make each other mad sometimes or get on each other’s nerves, we can never stay mad for very long. We are sisters of the heart.

No comments: