
Another tribute to a good friend. Scott Miccio, a friend since Spring semester of my sophomore year at TCNJ. He was a year older, president of the boys' volleyball team. It was my first year at the college and I was the new girl on the girls' team. Always involved with his frat, I never got to know him until we all traveled to Louisville, Kentucky for club volleyball nationals! There, he gave me a talk about my mental game and we ended up coloring together. I always looked up to Scottie and wished that we would be good friends. Junior year, he was in my Public Relations class. He asked to be in my group for the project and our friendship only blossomed. I had a thing for him, but totally respected our friendship and his relationship at the time.
Spring semester of Junior year, things changed in terms of relationships and Scott and I started to see each other. It was a bit awkward at first because we were such good friends. We would watch that midget show on TLC. Things changed so much and our relationship now is one that I would never trade for anything in the world.
I cannot describe how great of a guy Scott is. If I wrote down all of the wonderful things he has done for me, you wouldn't believe it. No guys do that. But he does. The way he makes me feel is so incredible. Our friendship is unreal - I can rely on him for anything. He is always there for me. We have so much fun together and in the midst of all of the great activities we do together (Mountain Creek, pumpkin picking, beach volleyball partners, dinner dates, Atlantic city weekends, parties, late night drinks at Triumph, open bars in NYC, Dallas adventures with our teams, cozy movie afternoons, Starbucks "pick-me-ups", chillin with his frat boys, Giants games, John Mayer/Maroon5/Sarah Barelias/Coldplay concerts, mall madness (only when i'm at a level 2), fire pits in my backyard, walks around our neighborhoods, midnight drinks with my best friends on him, and so much more) we are learning so much about each other. We reach a new level every time we are together and I just love and respect him more and more each day.
Our relationship is special, no doubt, and it's sad that we are both young and are not ready to commit just yet. But as we continue on our paths through life, together and apart, his good-natured spirit will always be closest to my heart. How can I forget what an amazing person he is to me? Always there for me mentally, physically, emotionally, financially... He would do anything for me and has made that clear in so many ways. And I would for him too. I love you so much, Scottie. I am so lucky to have you in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment